For lovers of nature and adventure, especially those who are eager to get to Machu Picchu via the Inca Trail, which incidentally, will transport you into a new world which will change the noise of the city by the beautiful singing of the birds and the most beautiful scenery you can´t imagine.
About The Clothing:
No matter how many days you´ll be walking, the certain thing is that you will pass from one altitude to another and this implies that the time (weather) will change; for this, it will be more convenient to wear comfortable clothes and little amount:
- Jogging suit, maybe a couple.
- Trekking shoes with coquitos in plants, necesary for not falling down during the walk.
- Rainwear, along the way, it may will be drizzles and as this is very common, a wet walking will be uncomfortable and may cause you some respiratory diseases.
- Hats, in these times is not new that the sun is so strong and it burns when it seems cloudy. Accompany this hat with a good sunscreen. Protect your skin and your health, is a priority.
- Towel and swimsuit, along the way there are places for camping with showers.
- You’ll also find some rivers, where you can cool off a bit, if the guide permits.
- Needless to say, you need underwear for each day.
- A small blanket for the nights, because they are really cool.
About the health:
As you know that the Inca Trail passes the 4000 m.a.s.l. and if you come from a country which is almost at sea level, you must take the following precautions:
- The first days you must acclimate, to adjust to the altitude.
- You must eat light and avoid heavy meals.
- The first few days in Cusco, you should be calm and without physical effort. Follow your rhythm.
- Always drink bottled water, this will help to keep you hydrated. If you do not want to buy bottled water, you can buy water purification tablets.
- If you feel lack of oxygen, rest for a while.
- Also, if you feel some strange ailment, you MUST tell the guide (his duty if you need help)
- When you can, drink an infusion of coca leafs.
About The Luggage:
Is best to take a back-pack with you during the walk. Within it must have few things, the most necessary:
- Sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Fresh fruits, candies, chocolates (they are good to accumulate energy).
- Money (local currency – soles)
- Walking stick.
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Sunglasses, lip balm.
- A camera.